Left corner: This building was built in the 1880s, the heritage listed building was formerly one of the oldest open air butchers in Sydney. While no structural changes have been made since 1901, this butchery turned residence now houses The Rocks Teppanyaki restaurant.
Back Building: (corner Gloucester & Essex) Built by local property developer Peter Hart (1840-1917), now known as Hart's Pub. Like many local property owners, Hart served as an alderman on Sydney Council between 1886 and 1899.
Science House: was opened on 7 May 1931 by the NSW Governor General, Sir Phillip Game it won the first Sulman Prize for Architecture in 1931, was custom built for its scientific owners: The Royal Society of NSW, the Linnean Society and Institute of Engineers, Australia (IEAust). Science House was lost to science in 1971 and spent much of its time being ‘Sports House'.